Snapchat and Warner Bros. have collaborated to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first Harry Potter movie and introduced ‘Harry Potter Lens’.
The experience has been enhanced by the introduction of augmented reality, which allows Snap chatters and HP fans all around the world to participate in the fun activity from the comfort of their own homes, cheering from the sidelines in their Hogwarts house colors.
Snapchat claims fans will be able to instantly outfit themselves in festive Hogwarts house colors, apparel, and face paint by speaking to the camera using its VoiceML technology. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin are the renowned four houses of Hogwarts in the immensely successful TV show franchise.
“Being the first-ever T.V events from the franchise, Snap and Warner Bros. wished to produce a Lens experience for true Harry Potter-lovers to enjoy the historical moment in style, and bring some of the fun to Snapchatters watching from home,” Snap Lens Creator, Hart Woolery, explained.
The Lens, like other Snapchat lenses, uses AR capabilities of a smartphone’s CPU and camera.
How to Use Harry Potter Lens in Snapchat
- Turn on the Snapchat Camera.
- Take a picture of the Harry Potter Snapcode or look for it in the Snap Lens Carousel.
- To activate voice commands, press the microphone button.
- Tap the instruction above your head, for example, “Tap to Change House,” to activate phrase possibilities such as “Say Go Go Gryffindor,” Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin.
- Tell which home you’re in, and see how your festive house colors, clothes, and face paint alter you.