Sniper is one of my favourite Dota 2 heroes. It is the easiest Dota 2 hero and well-fitting for beginners. Sniper is a very versatile, carry hero. If there is a good sniper in the game you sure need to keep your eyes open. I will be sharing my personal sniper build, sniper tree, sniper ability upgrades and a few tips and tricks to take your best shot!
Sniper Hero Build
This is my build for sniper Dota 2 ‘Turbo’ mode and it works for every lane but if you are a sniper then why not go mid!?
Well, sniper needs to be very choosy about its items because it is a situational hero. If you make the right items for the right opponents you are sure going to give them a tough time. To simplify, if your enemies are mostly tank heroes go for more damage i.e: desolator, deadlus, monkey king bar etc. And if your enemy heroes cause magical damage then go for more safety items i.e: Black king bar, linken, butterfly etc.
Sniper Talent Tree
This is the tree I always use no matter the situation. Yes, but sometimes when I come across tank heroes such as Lifestealer which are fast and may get close to me. I like to opt for ‘-20% Sharpnel Slow’ rather than ‘+40 Attack Speed’ rest stays constant.
Sniper Ability Upgrade
Each level up comes with an option to upgrade one of your hero’s ability. So here is the best-suited upgrade pattern to follow for Sniper.
Level 1 > 1
Level 2> 3
Level 3> 2
Level 4 & 5> 3
Level 6> 4
Level 7> 2
Level 8 to 11> Toggle between 1, 2 and 3, opt for the tree whenever available 10 onwards.
Level 12 to 25> Keep ‘4’ as your priority, then the tree and then the remaining abilities as per the situation.
Tips And Tricks For Sniper
- Know that sniper is not a strength hero. You need to hide and attack, do not fight one on one.
- Farm! farm in lane and offlane, know that you are needed around the map so roam around and help your teammates whenever possible it will help you get feed faster.
- Stay at a safe distance from your enemy and keep on taunting them. What else is that long-range for?
- In a team fight, never jump in, stay at a distance or hide in trees and attack.
- Never use your ulti on a fighting target, always use if the target seems to run away.
This was all for Sniper. Hope it helps you to play like a pro. Do share your experience using this build. Will be coming up with other Hero Builds.
Check Out my series on ‘How To Play Dota 2- A Complete Guide’
Here is my Dota 2 Friend Id, Add me as a friend to team-up and play: 877387250