Telenor Group, presently the 9th leading mobile network company in the world, has announced some fundamental changes in to their higher leadership. The company planned to re-organize its list of 14 countries in to 4 major clusters who will head by four heads and who will then report to the group CEO Sigve Brekke. Telenor Group Reorganizes its Management Structure. These changes will be effective from 1 March, 2017.
Telenor Group Reorganizes its Management Structure
Telenor Group further announced yesterday that:
“It plans to restructure its management team and re-organize its business units in a bid to become what it describes as a more integrated global company, and to deliver on its digital strategy.”
The four clusters will include:
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Emerging Asia
- Mature Asia
Each of the cluster will be headed by a cluster “head’ who will then report to the group CEO Sigve Brekke.
Following are the cluster wise head details:
- Telenor Norway CEO Berit Svendsen will be looking after Scandinavia
- Alexandra Reich, CEO of Telenor Hungary will be leading the Central and Eastern Europe area
- Petter-Børre Furberg, CEO of Telenor’s Bangladesh arm Grameenphone will lead the Emerging Asia cluster
- Lars-Åke Norling, CEO of Telenor’s Dtac unit in Thailand will head Mature Asia
A part from this, Telenor has also introduced 2 new units. Now Services and Operations will be consolidating and standardizing the operation and development of networks, infrastructure, core IT platforms etc.
“With the changes announced, we are taking the next step and continue to evolve into a more global company, leveraging economies of scale and driving innovation across Telenor.”
Said Sigve Brekke.
Source: Total Telecom