Temple Run 2 Launched
Temple Run 2 features the same gameplay as its predecessor; however it includes a new environment, better graphics and performance, and more power-ups and achievements.
The game has been well received by iOS users, currently holding a four star rating, and has been downloaded more than 20 million times, six million within the first 24 hour, in just four days.
Your role as an avaricious Indiana Jones-type adventurer is all but identical: he automatically runs down an endless labyrinth of paths in an ultimately doomed attempt to escape his simian foe, and it’s your job to to swipe, tilt and tap to help him turn corners, slide beneath barriers and leap over obstacles. All the while, you’re collecting coins that feed both into your score and a cumulative total, reserved for items and upgrades that give you a better chance of achieving a greater distance on your next run.
Platform: iOS & Android (coming soon)
Developer: Imangi Studios
Release Date: January 17th, 2013
File Size: 45.7 mb
Price: Free (for now)
[list style=”list11″ color=”yellow”]
- Temple Run 2 is an addictive nature game and it has all the game’s best attribute
- Cosmetically, Temple Run 2 is a far healthier looking game than the original and still maintains a solid frame rate for its fast pace gameplay.
- The addition of a GEM system in game gives you the opportunity for redemption if you happen to make a mistake, allowing you to keep that high score going even longer. This seems to be a plus point.
- Gems can also be used to strengthen abilities, such as shield or boost, things that certainly come in handy when you have a long run going.
- Temple Run 2 has four playable characters, a downgrade from the six playable characters of the first one. But it is still a breathlessly exciting game.
Temple Run 2 is available now on the App Store and is slated to arrive on Android this week.