Ufone – PCB selects four young bowlers on first day of trials
The trials for emerging young fast bowlers under ‘Ufone-PCB King of Speed’, were held in Multan and Garhi Khuda Baksh on Saturday.
These round 1 trials are part of the initiative taken by Ufone and PCB to hunt and train the best bowling talent in Pakistan.
- Atta Ullah and Amir Yamin were the lucky ones, who got selected after the trials in Multan. The trials were conducted by Ufone and PCB official including Waseem Haider, Nadeem Iqbal along with two analysts Usman Hashami and Salman Gill.
- At Garhi Khuda Baksh trials were conducted by Saleem Jaffar, Tauseef Ahmed and Muhammad Zubair, who selected Wajid Ali and Mahfooz Ahmed for the next round.
After the selection in round 1, these young bowlers have qualified for the 2nd round of trials which are scheduled to be held on Sunday 21, 2013 in National Stadium, Karachi and Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore.
Schedule of trials for the rest of the cities is:
[list style=”list4″ color=”orange”]
- 14th April, 2013 in Faisalabad
- 15th April, 2013 in Karachi and Islamabad
- 16th April, 2013 in Peshawar
- 17th April, 2013 in Quetta and Abbottabad
- 18th April, 2013 in AJK (Mirpur)
- 20th April, 2013 in Lahore
- your list item
After the completion of both rounds, the three selected players (via wild card entry) will join Wasim Akram and bowlers from the Pakistan National Cricket team in a camp to be hosted in Karachi.
To reward upcoming talent Ufone has announced a grand prize of Rs. 1 Million for the bowler who is the fastest amongst all besides hitting or passing the 145 km/h mark.
[notice]In case of multiple participants achieving this speed the amount will be shared equally.[/notice]