Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) introduced Device Identification, Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS) in order to identify and block the smuggled and unregistered smartphones. Back in October, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry announced that the government had decided to crack down against smugglers of mobile phones in Pakistan. Recently, we have come to know that PTA has again extended the deadline for mobile phone users. Now the smartphone users in Pakistan can register their cellular devices with the authority till January 15.
PTA Extends The Deadline for Blocking Unregistered Smartphones
The deadline is extended by PTA to create further awareness among the people. Those who have not registered their cellular devices with the authority yet have a new chance to do so till January 15. The new deadline that is given by PTA for registering your devices is January 15, 2019 (till 11:59 pm).
Here Are The Steps To Check Valid IMEI:
Step 1: Extract the IMEI number of your handset:
In order to extract 15 digit IMEI number, dial *#06# at the dial page. IMEI number can also be checked from the box of your device. After that, If you want to check whether your IMEI is valid or not then follow the procedure written below.
Step 2: Check whether the device is registered or not:
Once you get your hands on 15 digits IMEI number then you can easily know whether your handset is registered or not. Furthermore, you can check it via website, SMS or Android application.
- For checking via Web, visit http://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/ > enter 15 Digit IMEI number > Press ‘Check’
- In order to check via SMS, write a new message > type your 15 digits IMEI and send it to 8484
- For checking through Android application, download the Android app. Install the DIRBS app on your smartphone > Open app > enter 15 digits IMEI number
Step 3: When you will enter your 15 digits IMEI code/ number, you will receive one of the following messages.
- PTA Approved or Compliant: If you receive any of this message it means you can use your device without any worry.
- Not PTA Approved or Non-compliant: If you receive this message it means that the smartphone you have is non-complaint and you cannot use it with any mobile network of Pakistan after the deadline.
Source: Geo Tv