As our technological advancement is consistently gearing towards a more predictable future, weather remains an important variable that needs to be disclosed accurately. All our day to day planning makes use of the available data. It becomes imperative that the weather forecasts become more reliable.
Weather Forecasts become more Reliable by U.S. Satellite GOES R
On Saturday 19 November the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA)most reliable and accurate weather satellite, named as GOES R is scheduled to be launched to space. GOES-R is designed in a way that it can improve forecasts for severe weather events, from hurricanes to tornadoes and solar storms.
Amazingly, GOES R can accurately scan the entire hemisphere in 5 minutes.
Promptly, GOES R can update the weather forecast every 30 seconds.
Worlds most advanced digital camera
According to meteorologists this satellite GOES R is going to revolutionize the way weather is forecasted .It is augmented with;
- GOES R will enable scientists to encounter constantly changing weather conditions, by allowing the spacecraft to take pictures every 30 seconds
- the Global Lightning Mapper–tracking all sorts of lightening hazards
- the world’s most advanced digital weather camera named as Advanced Baseline Imager that gives an image with a resolution of pixels four times bigger than any of the satellites previously used by NOAA.
Also read:8 Tech Predictions from Qualcomm’s Chairman Paul Jacobs.https://www.phoneworld.com.pk/8-tech-predictions-from-qualcomms-chairman-paul-jacobs/
More Detailed Weather
The satellite GOES R will also project forecasters with more detailed information like;
- 16 channels, or “bands” beamed back to Earth, compared to the present satellite that captures 5 bands.
- meteorologists will be aware of the volcanic ash and dust availability in the atmosphere.
- how much water vapor is in the air.
- other variables like a snow storm or a thunderstorm.