Windows Phone grabs 3rd position in Market, IDC
The Top Analyst firm International Data Corporation (IDC) released its survey report for the 1st QTR of 2013 that uncovers the rises and falls of the smartphone market. The unusual and shocking outcome was about Windows phone, where we could see it grabbing the third position.
The fast growth of Windows Phone was very prominent that it jumped into third place in market with 3.2 percent. All this credit of growth goes to Nokia, especially LUMIA series.
[list style=”list4″ color=”gray”]
- Android is still the King of the market by having 75% of market share.
- Apple manages to stand on 2nd position even after a fall from 23% to 17.3%
- BlackBerry tripped from 3rd to 4th place because of Windows Phone stealing the 3rd position.
- Linux is now on 1% of market share but we can hope for the better as many new OSes are emerging i-e Tizen, Mozilla, SailFish and Ubuntu.
- Symbian has experienced the biggest downfall that is down to just 0.6%