Field Trip app: A part of Augmented Reality[/info] Google’s Field Trip provides walking tours for Android devices.
Field Trip, a standalone location app is a newly launched product of google for Android Smartphones. Field Trip is a geo-publishing tool that gently pushes information to you that its algorithms think you might be interested in. It is the time augmented reality becomes a more prevalent part of our lives.
Field Trip is your guide to the cool, hidden, and unique things in the world around you. Field Trip runs in the background on your phone. When you get close to something interesting, it pops up a card with details about the location. No click is required. If you have a headset or Bluetooth connected, it can even read the info to you.
- Field Trip is an augmented reality tool that helps visitors explore.
- Discover thousands of interesting places/experiences that fall under the following categories: Architecture, Historic Places & Events, Lifestyle, Offers & Deals, Food Drinks & Fun, Movie Locations, Outdoor Art and Obscure Places of Interest around you.
- Go on a Field Trip while you drive. Field Trip can detect when you’re driving and automatically “talk” about interesting places and experience around you.
- Capture the memory of a special place, by sharing a wondrous discovery through email and social networks such as Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
- Wondering where the gem that you recently discovered is? Find your discovered field trip cards in the “recent’ section.
- Field trip learns what you love. Thumbs up or down to tune the information discovery engine.
It’s only a slight exaggeration to say that Field Trip is invigorating. That is to say: It makes life more interesting. The app is Google’s probe into the soft side of augmented reality. What the team behind it creates and discovers may become the basis of your daily reality in five or 10 years.
Dozens of publishers are tagging their posts with geocodes that Field Trip can hoover up and send to users now. Many companies are working on augmented-reality apps that crowdsource location intelligence through Facebook Places and FourSquare checkins. Hold up your phone to the world and it can tell you where your friends have been. It’s a cool app, and certainly worth trying out
To Download CLICK HERE
[note title=”NOTE:”] This app is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.