This Ramadan the State Bank of Pakistan in Collaboration with Pakistan Bank Association (PBA) has launched SMS Services to get new currency notes on this Eid. This SMS Service will be functional from today July 8, 2015.
State Bank of Pakistan Launches SMS Service to Get New Currency Notes on this Eid
This newly introduced SMS Service will facilitate the people a lot. So now you do not need to stand in a long queue or give extra money to get new currency notes. Instead you have to do SMS on 8877 and you will be able to get new currency notes.
Moreover this SMS service is started on experimental basis and will initially be available for 28 cities and 150 Bank Branches of Pakistan. But State Bank will extend it to other cities very soon.
Procedure to Get New Currency Notes:
- Go to SMS message in your mobile inbox, write CNIC<space>Code Number of your desired bank branch.
- Now send this SMS to 8877 and you will receive an SMS containing the transaction number and Bank branch address.
- The new currency notes will be issued on providing the received transaction number and original CNIC from the respective Bank branch.
- The customers will be able to get a bundle of Rs. 10, Rs. 20, Rs. 50 and Rs.100 currency notes, with the help of this SMS service, depending upon the availability of the stock.
Terms and Conditions:
- Sending SMS to 8877 will cost Rs.2 + tax.
- New currency notes can be availed only once against a single CNIC number.
- Transaction code will not be issued on the same mobile number. So, the customers will be required to use another mobile number for a different CNIC.
- The transaction code will be valid for a maximum of two working days.
- Call at SBP helpline at 021-3245-5470 and 021-3245-5125 for any complaint.