TED hosts TEDxIslamabad with the theme ‘Wonders Among Us’
TED, a nonprofit organization where people share ideas and their stories, hosted #TEDxIslamabad at Aiwan-e-Quaid, Jinnah Park, F-9 Islamabad.
Nearly 300 people attended the conference with the theme of ‘The Wonders Among Us’, not only the speakers were from a diversified line up but the audience were also from differnt fields and industries, starting from scientists, educationists, development sector specialists, engineers, writers, bloggers, students and artists.
[error]Speakers at TEDxIslamabad were:[/error]
[list style=”list4″ color=”red”]
- Dr. Pervez Hoodbhoy, renowned physicist, professor, and anti-nuclear activist
- Marc-Andre Franche, Country Director of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), who has spent his professional career working in international development.
- Khadija Niyazi, a 14year old child prodigy and an on-line education activist. She was only 10 years old when she first took the Artificial Intelligence online course on Udacity.
- Dr. Waqas Qazi, professor of earth science and remote sensing at the Institute of Space Technology
- Nadine Murtaza, the Head of School at NJ’s House, offering a programme of play-based study from pre-Nursery to grade 5
- Muniba Khurram, an artist, entrepreneur and disability activist. She started off with the story of her life and struggle. She believes in playing with vibrant colors and flawless portrayal of true emotions, gave the message of living.
- Syed Muzamil Hasan Zaidi, the founder of Lolz Studios, makes viral videos with an overarching aspect of ‘doing good’ and has been the face of popular brands likes Coke and Leisure Club for spreading the message of hope and kindness.
There is hope because of the inspirational examples of young people who have engaged with their environments to bring about positive change. TED
In between speakers, guests were entertained by famous TEDx talks and a very fun and engaging socializing activity, which helped the attendees to socialize.
All in all, it was a great event and we would love to see these conferences grow and expand in Pakistan. We won’t be able to effect change in our societies without first doing what is necessary to promote such change.
[error]TED, a non-profit organization founded in Monterey, California, in 1984, has been hosting annual conferences mainly in the United States since 1990, inviting prominent guests to speak on a variety of unique and thought provoking subjects. TEDx takes the TED brand global, hosting spin-off events in cities as far ranging as Beirut to Santiago, Chile. [/error]