Facebook Developer Conference, or F8, held at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California yesterday. Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg Announces his Future Plans at F8 Conference. In that event, Facebook announced an augmented reality developer platform, group chat bots, and a virtual reality version of Facebook.
“Think about how many things in our life don’t have to be physical, but can be digital,”
“And think about how much more … affordable and accessible they will be.”
Mark Zuckerberg Announces his Future Plans at F8 Conference
Here are some big announcements that Facebook CEO has made on F8 conference:
- Developers can build AR selfie masks, overlay info on real world objects like putting reviews on a restaurant’s storefront, create interactive games, and add virtual objects to your reality like a chess board or TV.
- Now you can make your own still 2D filters for Facebook’s camera.
- Facebook enterprise businesses tool Workplace also added chat bots. It is integrated with file sharing services like Box and Salesforce.
- Messenger bots can now be added to group chat conversations. Moreover, friends can collaboratively build a Spotify playlist, or find a consensus about group travel options and book flights together.
- Facebook Messenger will now have a discovery tab. Now users can find their recently used bots, browse bot categories, see trending experiences, or search for bots.
- Facebook has revamped its Messenger QR codes. Users can open specific experiences within bots. Moreover, Messenger’s camera can easily scan these codes.
- Recently introduced Facebook Messenger’s Instant Games now have their own tab. Now users can find new players to play along with their friends. Moreover, users can challenge friend to turn-by-turn games.
In that event, Facebook announced an augmented reality developer platform, group chat bots, and a virtual reality version of Facebook
- Now Facebook is open sourcing its tool, Litho, to build its Android app. Further, Litho allows for the efficient creation of Android user interfaces that run at 60 frames per second.
- Facebook Insights will also brings some important updates for Page and business owners. Moreover, Artificial intelligence can now scan users analytics and highlight important changes.
- Facebook Spaces allows up to three friends to hang out in a virtual room. In that room users can chat, draw, watch 360 videos, make Messenger video calls, and also take VR selfies.
“We will keep doing everything we can to prevent tragedies from happening,”