With each passing day the world is advancing and moving towards latest technologies for which fast internet connection is the backbone for almost all industries in the world. That’s why the global usage and connections of internet is increasing. A report by Global mobile Suppliers Association (GSA), announced that Global LTE Devices Increase to 8623 and reached to the customers via 569 suppliers. The number of suppliers grew 25% in the same period. This number of LTE devices in the world clearly shows that people are fastly adopting innovative technologies.
The report is published by GSA in July 2017 and confirms the mainstream LTE user devices ecosystem across the world and fast developing support for LTE-Advanced, LTE-Advanced Pro systems and emerging LPWA markets.
Global LTE Devices Increase to 8623-GSA Reports
The report summarized well about the device support for each of the main operating FDD and TDD frequency bands in the world. It also addressed the support for the LTE based “LPWA cellular IoT technologies” that are now developing in the world with the help of internet connections.
Here is some of the basic data we extracted from GSA report:
- UE Categories 0, 1, M1, NB1 (NB-IoT), 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 are quantified while confirming the recent gains in the device performance & expansion of choice and support for developing Cellular IoT market.
- Whereas, the terminal support for VoLTE, eMBNS, ViLTE, PTT, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM (downlink) features as well as LTE operation in unlicensed spectrum (LAA, LTE-U, LWA) are also indicated.
- FDD selector bands are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 48, 62 and 66.
- TDD selector bands include 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, and 44.
- While 1800 MHz continues to be the best supported spectrum for the LTE deployments while having the largest “LTE devices ecosystem” (LTE1800). Overall a percentage of 62.9 of the LTE devices can operate in the band 3 spectrum.
- Whereas, 21.4% of LTE mobile phones support VoLTE.
These figures indicate that people are strongly inclined towards the advanced technologies and soon we will hear about more connected devices across the world.