Govt Appoints Omar Saif, Chairman Pakistan Information Technology Board, as Advisor to the Chief Minister. The cabinet looks forward to make use of his manifold expertise in order to escalate the country’s prosperity.
Govt Appoints Omar Saif as Advisor to the CM
Omer Saif an eminent computer scientist and entrepreneur is already known for his work on using ICT solutions for developing-world problems. In 2013, Dr. Saif was appointed the founding Vice-Chancellor of the Information Technology University (ITU), Punjab.
Reforming Punjab through the SMART use of Technology
Umar Saif took many fruitful initiatives during his three year tenure in PITB. Some of these are worth mentioning;
- Ensuring the best possible Drug quality and safety through timely reporting.
- Digitization of Land–District, Tehsil and Mauza wise.
- Programme Monitoring and Implementation Unit–Smart School Monitoring.
- Online College Admission.
- Performance Based Teacher Monitoring.
- E-stamping for Secure, Efficient and Transparent Asset Transaction.
- Fight against Polio.