From last few days, we all are receiving messages from PTA to register our phones by sending IMEI code or number. However, so many people are not clear about the messages they are receiving from PTA.
In the following screenshot, you can see the message we all are receiving from PTA.
Mostly People are taking this message that if they don’t get the registration from PTA then their phones will be blocked or won’t be able to work anymore after 0ctober 20th.
Save Your Phone From PTA Blockage
However, dear readers, this is not the case. Let us make it clear to you that when you get this message, you only have to send your IMEI number or code to 8484. After that, You will receive the message from PTA which will show you the status of your Phone.
You can receive one of the following four messages.
- “IMEI is compliant”
- “Device IMEI is Valid. Insert SIM and make a call/SMS to anyone on or before 20/10/18 date for auto registration”.
- “Device IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all your SIMs in this device and use them before 20/10/18 date to continue using this device”.
- “Device IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen in the message”.
What is meant by these messages?
Let us explain these four messages in very simple words.
- When you send your 15 digits IMEI number or code to 8484 or check it via http://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/ > enter 15 Digit IMEI number > Press ‘Check’. And you receive a message of “IMEI is compliant” What Does it Mean? Dear readers, it means your phone is approved by GSMA and PTA. You don’t need any registration or verification before October 20th. You can use your Phone freely and it won’t be blocked.
- In case you get a message like “Device IMEI is Valid. Insert SIM and make a call/SMS to anyone on or before 20/10/18 date for auto registration”. Then you must be thinking that What Does it Mean? It means your Phone is approved by GSMA but not by PTA. So what you have to do? That is very simple. You only have to do any chargeable activity before October 20th. That is you have to make a call or send any message to anyone. Once you do this activity before October 20th, PTA will auto-register all the IMEIs related to this mobile device. You will be able to use your phone after October 20th.
- If you get a message “Device IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all your SIMs in this device and use them before 20/10/18 date to continue using this device”. Then It Means that your handset’s IMEI is not even allocated by GSMA or your IMEI is duplicated. What you have to do? So, here you have to use all those SIMs in this device before October 20th, which you want to use in the future too. PTA will auto-pair all such IMEIs which are observed on Network with specific SIMs before 20th October 2018. In dual SIM mobile device(s), you must have to do revenue-generating activity for both SIM slots.
- In case you receive a message like “Device IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen”. It means that your IMEI is blocked as it has been reported as a stolen device to PTA. What you have to do? In this case, you have to contact PTA/CPLC
DO YOU KNOW?
You can verify the IMEI of your Mobile Device through APP as well.