Now don’t get trapped in the lottery and prize scams and join Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) in the movement against deceptive and fraudulent calls and SMSs. Such anonymous SMSs and calls are very common these days as fake text messages and phone calls from unknown numbers enticing with attractive prizes, lotteries and plot or winning any draw. In order to get rid of this scamming PTA Starts Campaign Against Fraudulent Calls/SMSs and Fake Prize Schemes.
No More Fake Prize Schemes and other Financial Fraud
PTA Starts Campaign Against Fraudulent Calls/SMSs and Fake Prize Schemes
PTA via this advertisement has informed customers using mobile phones not to transfer any money or mobile credit in response to such fake calls and SMSs from unknown numbers, failing which they themselves will be responsible for any loss accruing from such frauds.
In case anyone faces such situation then inform the mobile company, FIA and PTA as per the following instructions.
For registering complaints against messages like “Benazir Income Support ke taraf se apko Rs.25000 mubarak ho apka yeh number BISP mein Register tha. ap is number per rabita karen.”
- Register complaint at the helpline of mobile network you are using: Ufone 333, Zong 310, Warid 321, Mobilink 111, Telenor 345
- Contact helpline 0800-26477 or FIA (UAN: 111-345-786 or www.fia.gov.pk) to register your complaint in case of BISP (Benazir Income Support Program) fake message.
Unsolicited/ Marketing/ Spamming Calls and SMSs
- To report obnoxious calls and SMS, type sender’s cell number, give a space, type the received message and send it to 9000 e.g. and send it to 9000.
- To block publicity messages, type REG and send it to 3627 to get registration in “Do Not Call Register (DNCR)”. Contact concerned mobile operator if the problem still persists. To allow such messages again write UNREG and send it to 3627.
Obnoxious/ Unknown Calls and SMSs
- Text or dial 420 for required unwanted numbers (for Mobilink, Telenor, Zong or Ufone)
- Text or dial 9211 for required unwanted numbers (for Warid Telecom)
In case your complaint is still not redressed then call at PTA’s toll free helpline (for PTCL/NTC landline only) 0800-55055 or landline 051-9225325 or E-mail at [email protected]pta.gov.pk. You can also visit PTA website to register your complaint.