Samsung Launches Tizen software (OS) for Samsung Z smartphone
[/blockquote] The Samsung Z is the first Tizen smartphone by the Korean electronic company – this is the first time that the telecom giant has not used Google’s Android as its OS.
Samsung has provided consumers with a choice of mobile phone software beyond the dominant Google Android and Apple iOS operating systems.[blockquote cite=”DJ Lee, president of global sales and marketing for Samsung”] The Samsung Z integrates the power and adaptability of the Tizen platform, enabling users to browse the web faster and utilize applications more effectively
[/blockquote] [info]Features & Specifications of Samsung Z[/info] [list style=”list4″ color=”blue”]
- Processor: 2.3GHz Quad core application processor
- OS: Tizen 2.2.1
- Display: 4.8” HD Super AMOLED (1280 x 720)/li>
- Dimensions: 5.4 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches (138.2 x 69.8 x 8.5 millimetres)
- Camera: 8 MP(rear) and 2.1 MP (front)
- Weight: 136 grams (0.3 pounds)
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal with microSD slot up to 64GB
- Battery: 2600mAh
- Other features: Ultra Power Saving Mode, S Health 3.0, Fingerprint scanner & Heart rate sensor
Samsung first launched its own OS in 2009 named Bada (which flopped badly due to the ‘not interested’ sign board from the app developers). Tizen is the second attempt of the company with the collaboration with Intel, and other tech firms.