Telenor Digital Fest 2016, a platform where Telenor Pakistan showcased and brought Telenor’s digital world into real life. Telenor Digital Fest 2016 was held in Lahore, where people from every walk of life attended the event specially the tech freaks and applauded an array of amazing digital products and solutions from Telenor. Telenor Digital Fest is a great initiative and idea from Telenor and it will further enhance and promote digital ecosystem in the country.
A walk through of Telenor’s digital products was set up with engagement zones where people experienced the products in real life. The products ranged across various digital domains which included mobile applications, IoT Products, mobile payment solutions and many other. Various mobile applications were displayed which included Capture, Wow Box, Pocket TV, Easy Pay and My Telenor.
- Capture: Capture is a mobile application which gives you the liberty to store, see and share your pictures and videos from all your devices. It keeps your memories safe in one place. Capture is totally free of cost to download and use. This app is available for both Telenor and other users.
- Wow Box: Wow Box is basically a life style application providing users to get much out a single platform like trending news, sport results, in-built games, free music, articles, restaurants booking and much more. If you are using Telenor data then its totally free to use this amazing app.
- Pocket TV: Telenor Pocket Tv is basically a TV app through which users can watch a number of TV channels, Drama serials, Movies and can even upload videos. Its totally free if you use it through Telenor data or wifi.
- Easy Pay: Easy Pay is an online payment solution application which integrates payment and transaction options for consumers. By creating an EasyPaisa account users can avail multiple options like utility bill payment, shopping, online transactions etc.
- My Telenor: My Telenor an app which provides Telenor customers the freedom to access their Telenor account and avail different services and packages with just a few taps.
- Telenor Automate: Telenor Automate keeps you connected to your car where ever you are. It provides you with real time location of your car and you can also use services like your cars Geo-fencing, monitoring of driving behavior of your car along with services like customized reports and fleet management.
Speaking on the occasion, Irfan Wahab Khan, Deputy CEO and CMO Telenor Pakistan, said,
“Digital Products and services are transforming businesses, enriching lives and propelling progress across the world. Telenor, through its ambition of empowering societies, is contributing towards making ‘digital Pakistan’ a reality and today’s launch of digital products will enable digital inclusion for people. I extend my gratitude to all Telenor Pakistan customers for making us their digital lifestyle partner.”
Besides these amazing applications some other amazing innovations were also displayed at Telenor Digital Fest 2016. Vendi Pakistan’s first prepaid vending solutions is the new thing in technology these days. Telenor Pakistan enabled the users with NFC payment through NFC enabled smartphones or NFC stickers as well. By placing your phone’s back to the vending machines you can actually pay and get snacks, drinks and chocolates of your choice.
Telenor Companion Watch a wearable gadget from Internet of Things platform was also part of the Telenor Digital Fest 2016. Telenor Companion allows parents to stay in touch and keep track their children with features like real time location, SOS, Geo Fence, Voice Calling, Silent Monitoring, Pedometer etc.
Besides all these innovative technology, Digital SSC was also displayed at the event. Digital SSC is an automated machine which enable users to perform different activities like new sim sale, sim replacement, re-varification, MNP and change of ownership. Telenor will initially place the machines on their franchises, customer service centers and other Telenor owned locations but by the end of 2017 Telenor will set up the machines at public places.
This is the first time in Pakistan that a telecom company has organized a digital fest showcasing all its initiatives toward enhancement of country’s digital ecosystem. The event came to an end with an amazing live performance by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.