Standard Chartered organises “Women in Tech” Graduation Ceremony
Five Women led companies win up to USD 10,000 in seed funding
Standard Chartered, in partnership with INNOVentures Global (Pvt.) Limited, is excited to announce the five winners of this year’s Standard Chartered #SCWomenInTech Programme 2019. Today’s event saw five women led teams shortlisted from over 80 applicants win up to USD 10,000 in seed funding for their businesses.
The Chief Guest at the occasion was Mr. Zubair Gilani, Chairman Board of Investment.
The five teams were selected from a pool of the best 18 teams previously shortlisted and went through the #SCWomenInTech programme for two months where they were offered coaching, mentoring and business management skills to grow their businesses to the next level.
The five winning companies for 2019 are:
- Plate 101
- Relive Now
- Dot-mind unlocked
The awardees will be supported with extended mentoring and milestone-based disbursement of the winnings for a period of 9 months.
Speaking at the event Shazad Dada, CEO, Standard Chartered Pakistan mentioned, “#SCWomenInTech is another first by Standard Chartered where we are focusing on developing and empowering women entrepreneurs. I would not only like to congratulate the winners of our programme but also all the entrepreneurs who have been part of our journey. Together they are positively transforming our country’s economy and creating more job opportunities and avenues for Pakistani women and youth. Just like the Bank, you are striving to be a force for good, promoting sustainable economic and social development in the markets and communities where we operate.”
Standard Chartered launched Women in Tech in Pakistan in March 2019. This programme aimed to promote the economic and social development of women in Pakistan through innovation or technology led entrepreneurship.
The teams were shortlisted based on performance in the programme’s 100 points criteria as follows:
- Must be a women-led business
- At least 1/3rd of the Founders be women
- Woman Founder(s) has been around for at least 1 year
- Must be a technology venture or a traditional business seeking to use technology to significantly grow
- Registered (Pvt) Ltd. Company
- Between 3 months and two years at the time of application
- Significant Growth and/or Impact potential
- Must have an initial plan to scale or be technology enabled to scale by using $ but also mentoring and other support.
- SC’s investment in the business/venture must make a material difference