The Huawei FreeBuds 3 is the AirPods 2 response from Huawei. To consumers and manufacturers alike, true wireless earbuds are becoming popular. The last few months have put on the market a lot of new choices, including some from businesses that you wouldn’t normally associate with audio products like Microsoft and Amazon. Nevertheless, with its AirPods and brand new AirPods Plus, it is Apple which continues to dominate.
The Huawei FreeBuds 3 is the AirPods 2 response from Huawei. They look very similar, they come with a similar case of charging and have many of the same characteristics. The FreeBuds 3, however, is not just an answer to the hit item of another agency. Due to features such as active noise cancellation, they stand alone. This is a world first for open-fit earbuds.
The new FreeBuds cost € 179, so it’s not just an easy buy. Do you have to get them? See our analysis of Huawei Freebuds 3.
Huawei FreeBuds 3 review: Tech and specs
- Kirin A1 chip with Bluetooth 5.1 and BLE 5.1 (world first)
- codecs: AAC, SBC
- Effective noise cancelation (world first for open-fit earphones),
- adaptive, up to 15dB 190ms minimum latency (with compatible devices)
- 2.5 second contact time Bone sensor for clear voice pick-up Anti-wind-noise model.
- Wired charging: USB Type-C (5V 1.2A 6W)
- Wireless charging: standard Qi (2W)
- Battery: 30mAh per earbud, 410mAh per device.
- Battery life: 4h (earbuds only), 20h (charge case only)
- Weight: approximately 4.5 g per earbud, 48 g per case
What are the Huawei FreeBuds 3 like?
You’ve seen it come: the FreeBuds 3 are unhamed copycats of AirPods. These look very similar to the Apple AirPods 2, to the extent that it is difficult to distinguish between the two devices.
Like the AirPods 2, but unlike the AirPods Pro, the FreeBuds 3 uses an open-fit design, which means they’re just sitting in your ear instead of plugging into your ear canal. This is a gift that is mixed.