Facebook’s CEO and founder Mark Zuckerberg announced on his official page that Facebook Live Video Sreaming Feature will now be available for everyone. Previously, the live feature was limited to celebrities as well as select media personalities. Now it is available for everyone.
Mark Zuckerberg said on his official Facebook page:
Today we’re launching Facebook Live for everyone — to make it easier to create, share and discover live videos.
Facebook Launches Live Video Streaming Feature for Everyone
Live is like having a TV camera in your pocket. Anyone with a phone now has the power to broadcast to anyone in the world. When you interact live, you feel connected in a more personal way. This is a big shift in how we communicate, and it’s going to create new opportunities for people to come together.
Here are some of the new upgrades in Facebook Live:
- You can now go live in Facebook Groups and Event pages.
- You can see live reactions and replay comments and can tag your friends as well.
- The new Facebook Reactions will fly across the screen in real-time, very much like the hearts used in Periscope.
- Five new filters that help adjust lighting. Plus, Snapchat-like doodling effects.
- A Live Map of current broadcasts around the world.
- Live Video Audience Metrics will let you monitor how much viewership your stream got.
- Payments to select news publisher partners in exchange for broadcasting on Live instead of their own sites.