Nokia brings six new devices, applications and experiences
Nokia brings new innovations to design and imaging with six new devices, applications and experiences.
Nokia unveiled six new devices alongside new accessories, Nokia experiences and third-party developer applications. Nokia introduced its first ever Windows tablet, the Nokia Lumia 2520, and launched a portfolio of large screen Lumia smartphones: the Lumia 1520 and 1320. Three new Asha models – including the first 3G device in the Asha Platform family of smartphones – deliver industry leading design, new vibrant colors and a more intuitive user interface, all at an accessible price. Building on Nokia’s industry-leading innovation in imaging, the latest range of Lumia and Asha products enables people to capture and share the world around them like never before. Nokia also showed new accessories to make life easier and more fun, and announced an array of new Nokia and third-party applications which enhance the Asha and Lumia experience.
Nokia’s first Windows tablet, the Lumia 2520, is designed to work anywhere, with a vivid 10.1-inch HD display that is designed to provide the best outdoor and indoor readability of any tablet. The Lumia 2520 runs on Windows RT 8.1 for a highly personal and easy to navigate experience, and also features multiple color choices and fast-charging capability – providing up to an 80% charge in one hour.
Nokia introduces its first ever large screen Lumia smartphones, the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 1320. With a six inch screen and the latest software advancements for Windows Phone, the Lumia 1320 and Lumia 1520 are perfectly suited for entertainment and productivity. A new third column of tiles on the home screen means people can see and do more on a larger screen. Bringing larger displays to the award-winning Lumia design, the new format is coupled with some of the most advanced camera innovations so people can capture and share the world around them.
The newest additions to the Asha Platform family of devices – the Nokia Asha 500, Asha 502 and Asha 503 – join the already successful Asha 501 in pushing the boundaries of affordable smartphone innovation. All three handsets build on Nokia’s renowned design and feature a new crystal-clear look; a fusion of ice-like transparency and bold inner color encases each phone to make it both elegant and more durable. Support for 3G is available on the Asha 503, which also includes a 5MP camera and comes with a Dual SIM option. [info]Innovation enhanced through applications[/info] People can get the most from Nokia’s latest Lumia portfolio through a new selection of applications including: [list style=”list4″ color=”blue”]
- Nokia Video Director – create, edit and share customized videos direct from the Lumia 2520.
- Nokia Beamer – share experiences and ideas easily and instantly with friends or colleagues by projecting your phone screen to any HTML5 enabled screen; this includes documents, maps, location details, or even the camera viewfinder.
- Nokia Storyteller – automatically integrates your pictures from your phone with HERE location information and collates a chronological picture journey on a map.
- DreamWorks Animation’s Dragons Adventure – an exclusive experience for the Lumia 2520 which keeps the whole family entertained.
- Instagram – the photo and video sharing community.
- Papyrus and InNote – handwriting note-taking apps.
- Vine – a popular video service.