Previously, Samsung has started rolling out Android Oreo Update to its Galaxy J (2017) Series. A few days earlier, Samsung has rolled out Android Oreo update in its J3 (2017) smartphone. However, now Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) Starts Receiving Android 8.1 Oreo Update. Unlike J3, J5 (2017) is jumping straight to 8.1.
Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) is jumping straight to 8.1
The new software is currently rolling out in Poland. If no bugs will be reported, then surely it will be available to other markets as well. Once you get the update notification and install it, you’ll be on software version J530FXXU2BRH5. If you are in Poland and haven’t yet seen that, then Download updates manually. The option is available in the Software update section of the Settings menu on your device.
The update will also include August 2018 security patch. Here are some key specs of Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)
- A super-fast processor 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410
- 5.0-inch Display
- 1.5 GB RAM
- 8 GB ROM
- Supports up to 128 GB with MicroSD card
- 3G enabled
- The phone is available in Black, White, and Gold colors.
- Dual SIM
- 5 MP Selfie focused Front camera
- Autofocus rear camera is 13 MP with f/1.9 aperture
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- Other Features: Bluetooth v4.1, Wi-Fi, GPS, Glonass, and Micro-USB