Today, Punjab Police Inaugurates its First Police Integrated Command and Control Center. The main objective of this programme is to modernize the infrastructure, systems and capabilities for the police to proactively manage the security situation. The communication officer on duty will be authorized to handle all emergencies received directly to this center.
Punjab Police Inaugurates its First Police Integrated Command and Control Center
The PP-IC3 Programme will facilitate the Punjab Police to reduce the crimes and enhance the security for the citizen. It will also help the Government of Punjab to achieve improved security in Pakistan. Here are the key objectives of this programme;
- New technology and process infrastructure to provide real-time information and intelligence to deal critical situations
- The system has ability to have access to and share information within the Punjab Police departments and to external agencies.
- This system will also ensure that informed decisions are made with regard to priority. Moreover allocation of the most appropriate resources are in response to calls for assistance.
- Provision of high quality emergency response systems to the residents and visitors to Punjab and specifically Lahore
- Delivery of flexible operational systems that can evolve and expand with the evolving needs of the Punjab and Pakistan
- Increased capacity that acknowledges foreseeable growth profiles in the future.