After the Facebook’s data breach scandal, WhatsApp gives ability to request WhatsApp Account info to users. While announcing about this feature, WhatsApp ensured that it will not ask for new rights for collecting personal information of users following this new update. WhatsApp Request Account Info feature is a blessing for all users who were concerned about their private data.
WhatsApp also announced that the new version for its App gives ability to users “to download and see the limited data” that it collects. This feature will be available to users globally and will be officially launched in a couple of weeks.
How to Request Account Info from WhatsApp
WhatsApp request account info feature will give you information like profile photos, model of device, blocked numbers, group names etc. Thankfully, it will not include you private messages. If you have received this new update follow the steps below. If you have not receive, don’t worry, you will get it in few days.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Settings and tap on Account.
- Click on Request account info in the list of options.
- Tap on Request report. You will see a “Request sent“ message on the screen.
- WhatsApp will take 3 days to show you your request. You will be able to see a Ready by date to know when it will be available.
- Once the report is available, you will receive a notification: Your account info report is ready to download.
- Under the Request account info, you can then tap on a new Download report option.
- Tap on it to download the zip file that contains an HTML file having your data.
One thing to keep in mind is that if you delete this report, it will not delete your data from WhatsApp. During the three days you requested for your data, you cannot delete your account or change the number or mobile.