We can imagine the excitement of getting hands on the all new Apple’s iPhone 11, 11 Pro and Pro Max. You can’t wait to open that box, but first you need to get all your data restored or backed up on your ID. If you are using iOS 12 or later then it’s easy, however if your phone has an older version that that, don’t worry we have discussed the procedure below in the article.
Now you can restore or back up your data from an iCloud or ITunes backup. Though, making backup of your data is a good idea, but you can always move or transfer your data to your new device with what Apple calls ‘iPhone Migration’.
- To start a new phone, you will need to answer a few questions like (which language you will choose) then you will be requested to transfer data from your old phone to your new device.
- Put your old iPhone close to your new iPhone 11. Make sure that both phones are connected (you don’t want them to run out of power in the middle of the data transfer).
- When the connection is made, your new iPhone screen will display a pattern and your old phone will open its camera and display a blank circle in the middle of the screen. You’ll be asked to hold your new iPhone up to the camera of your old one so that the pattern is centered in the circle.
- Then you will be asked to put your Apple ID on your new iPhone.
- Before the transfer actually begins, you will be facing different windows like ‘Terms and Conditions’, Messenger, Siri and much more.
- After you passed on these windows, the transfer will start. A phone with more and large data will take probably much longer time.
- Sign in to your new iPhone 11, and begin the reality.
Besides wireless connection feature, another advantage is that you can also use a cable to transfer data. This feature introduced considering low Wi-Fi connection and can perform transfer even faster than wireless connection. If you are having any trouble with the wireless connection, this could be a good alternative.
Whichever method you choose, enjoy your new iPhone 11.